The Silence
Manchester Orchestra - The Silence (Live at The Regency Ballroom San Francisco)
Why do I deserve the science to feel better about you?
At a loss I lost my coolI denied that I found you
I tried to be a basket caseI did not surprise you
I'm trying to find a signal fireLet me know when I should move
But you, amplified in the silenceJustified in the way you make me bruiseMagnified in the scienceAnatomically proved that you don't need me
Why do I desire the space?I was mourning after you
I was lost and lost my shapeThere was nothing I could do
I don't want to waste awayIt was all I gave to you
Take me back and take my placeI will rise right up for you
But you, amplified in the silenceJustified in the way you make me bruiseMagnified in the scienceAnatomically proved that you don't need me
All the while you waste away, you're asking"Did I really need another one to take me down?"Everybody knows it's something that you had to live with darlingNobody's gonna tear you down nowThere is nothing you keep, there is only your reflection
There was nothing but quiet retractionsAnd families pleading, "Don't look in that cabinet, There's far more bad than there's good, I don't know how it got there"
That was something your father had burned in meTwenty hours out of Homestake eternity"You can go anywhere but you are where you came from"
Little girl you are cursed by my ancestryThere is nothing but darkness and agonyI can not only see, but you stopped me from blinking
Let me watch you as close as a memoryLet me hold you above all the miseryLet me open my eyes and be glad that I got here
Übersetzen: Deutsch
Quelle: LyricFind
Songwriter: Andrew John Hull
Songtext von The Silence © Hipgnosis Songs Group
Manchester Orchestra's "The Silence": The Story Behind the Song
Comments
Post a Comment